What is tennis elbow?
Lots of people say ” I do not play tennis”- that is ok but this injury is mostly nothing to do with play tennis. Medical name is later epicondylitis and it is type of tendinopathy. It is inflammation in the elbow tendon due to overuse or repeated this same movement in the forearms muscles e.g using computer mouse, twisting hand.
- pain and tenderness in forearm muscles and outside of the elbow
- warm/reddish skin around elbow
- pain in night
- difficult move arm
- ice to reduce inflammation every 2-3 hrs during the day- only cooling down not freeze feeling
- rest- avoid use elbow as much as possible
- exercises- slowly stretching
- anti inflammatory medication e.g ibuprofen gel, ibuprofen, naproxen
- if not better after few days please see physiotherapist